www.clasiforo.es

Foro de Música Clásica en castellano
Fecha actual 18 Jul 2018 18:09

Todos los horarios son UTC + 1 hora [ DST ]

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 435 mensajes ]  Ir a página Anterior  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Siguiente
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: 24 Oct 2017 22:01 

Venedig escribió:
_alex_ escribió:
I can't understand why all music scores of Albinoni operas were only in library of Dresden?
May be music scores saved in other places?
May be now researchers found some parts of operas which were considered as the lost?

Sorry for the late reply.
There may be single opera arias elsewhere, probably copied by contemporary baroque singers or composers who were interested in rearranging particular opera parts or who had access to the Dresden archive before its destruction, but as long as opera scores were not usually published as printed music and what was filed in the archive were mainly the manuscripts used at performance, and these were the composer's ownership and mostly only sold to the archive after his decease, it's unlikely there may be a second copy of Tomaso's whole production.

Look at this:

With the onset of World War II, the most precious holdings of the Sächsische Landesbibliothek at Dresden were dispersed to eighteen castles and offices. As a result they largely survived the bombing raids of February and March 1945 on this major industrial center by the British and American Air Forces.

However, the raids destroyed the former library buildings and virtually the whole historic center of Dresden— with losses of about 200,000 volumes of twentieth-century manuscript and printed holdings. The losses included irreplaceable musical manuscripts, including the major corpus of Tomaso Albinoni's unpublished music, though Georg Philipp Telemann's manuscripts were preserved. After the war, some 250,000 books from the library were taken to Russia.

http://www.historyofinformation.com/exp ... hp?id=1894

Sounds to me they chose what to save...

Thank you for detailed answer!

I have some additional questions:
1) Whether there is a list of what music scores by Albinoni was stored in Dresden library (before destruction in 1945)?

2) Whether there are chances to find lost music by Albinoni in someone's undescovered family libraries(Italy or anywhere)?
Some Albinoni's operas were shown in the different towns of Italy. And there have to be at least several copies of these music scores.

3) It seems some of survived opera music still was not played anywhere.
I read wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... o_Albinoni
Is it correct information?
I did not find any recordings on the Internet of certain number of operas with status "music lost, except some arias".
There are no recordings of operas which even survived entirely (Il tiranno eroe).

NotaPublicado: 15 Nov 2017 10:14 

Hi, Alex, I'm happy to see you around here again. I hope we can keep this conversation ongoing... I'm no Albinoni expert, but here's my opinion:

1) If it was stored somewhere I see no reason why we shouldn't already have had news about it.

[Translation from German]
The destruction of the Japanese Palace, where the library is lodged from 1786*, caused the extensive loss of the new music collections. The source collection survived the war partly with damage, and partly was taken to the Soviet Union.

Source: https://www.slub-dresden.de/sammlungen/ ... abteilung/

*If 1786 is the limit between the source collection and the new music collections ordered by composition date, we could still be lucky.
But if by "new collections" they mean additions after 1786 or 1816 and Albinoni's operas were part of the King Albert of Saxony's private collection or the historical collection of the Staatsoper Dresden, which is what I understand, then there's little hope:

In 1816, Friedrich Adolf Ebert founded the department by merging the hitherto separate holdings Musica theoretica and Musica practica. Until 1934, the department was augmented, for example by the royal private music collection of King Albert of Saxony or the historical collection of the state opera (Staatsoper Dresden). In 1983, the state library became the Zentralbibliothek der DDR für Kunst und Musik (the GDR’s central library for art and music).

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxon_Sta ... ry_Dresden

2) Yes, there may be some Albinoni's arias in the music of other contemporary composers or excerpts stored somewhere else, as for example in the known case of Vivaldi's pasticcio operas, but no complete scores unless somebody is hiding this material on purpose.
You see, nowadays there are lots of Musicology students and whole university departments willing to do research for free at any theater archive in any European province town, and such a thing as "an opera by Albinoni" or even a suspicious good looking unnamed opera score would not pass unnoticed.

3) I suppose it is correct, though this entry may be not updated. To see if it refers to the Saxony State Library, you should see the references in: Warrack, John and West, Ewan (1992), The Oxford Dictionary of Opera. This is where the information regarding opera works on wikipedia is taken from.
It's very difficult to have access to new research unless you are a specialized scholar and have contacts in the accademic world, or you read lots of early music magazines and papers on Italian baroque opera and are obsessed about the matter (which I am not). A new finding is usually a good chance to release a CD and may be held as "top secret" by the scholar until it is edited.
There isn't even a full recording of Zenobia, Regina de' Palmireni though Chiara Banchini conducted a full performance and representation with the National Syrian Orchestra (there are some excerpts on YT)

NotaPublicado: 15 Nov 2017 11:58 

To properly answer your question n.1, if there was a detailed inventory of the works of Albinoni in the Saxony State Library, you should probably refer to the library itself and ask if it ever existed and if it survived WW2.

The way the info is presented on wikipedia however suggests this information is taken from theaters' registers, and particularly from the scanned libretti that survive and are available online (I posted the links long ago in this thread)

The first anaylisis and research was by Remo Giazotto in 1945 (TA, Musico di violino dilettante veneto), he must have references to this inventory, if it exists.

Zenobia, Regina de' Palmireni (1694) is preserved in Washington and it's somewhat strange that, in the case this score came from the Dresden Collection, it was the only one to be taken to the US. Probably came from a different source.

NotaPublicado: 28 Feb 2018 21:29 

TOMASO ALBINONI, ZENOBIA, REGINA DE’ PALMIRENI
http://www.teatrolafenice.it/site/index ... lingua=eng

NotaPublicado: 06 Mar 2018 21:03 

Thank you very much, Alex.

Lo único que he podido encontrar son reseñas, como esta (en italiano),
https://www.connessiallopera.it/recensi ... palmireni/
y esta en inglés
http://operawire.com/teatro-la-fenice-2 ... e-present/
de momento no hay ningun tubo, solo esto... el anuncio en el minuto 1:26
phpBB [video]

La parte buena es que es muy probable que se comercialice en vídeo.

NotaPublicado: 17 Mar 2018 20:36 

Esto no me suena de que se haya posteado (aunque reconozco que he perdido un poco la memoria del hilo)

Imagen
Solo hay preescuchas:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomaso-Albinon ... B06Y4PGL38

Otra cosa que no sé de dónde ha salido (¿una ópera pasticcio?)
phpBB [video]

Como sinfonia o concerto seguro que lo he escuchado antes, pero no me preguntéis en qué Op. o si iba suelta...

NotaPublicado: 17 Mar 2018 20:45 

Together with the harpsichordist and conductor Bridget Cunningham, Karaferya founded the Broschi Ensemble in 2007 to explore repertoire from the Baroque and early Classical era. This appearance in St. John's, Smith Square delivered a beautifully balanced programme of Vivaldi and Handel's operatic arias and overtures including the recently discovered Sinfonia Croesus by Albinoni, which is the overture to the pasticcio Croesus containing music and arias by Polani. This may have been its first performance in London since the 18th century.

http://www.musicalcriticism.com/concert ... 0609.shtml

Has vuelto al camino de la verdad. :-P

Charles Ives

NotaPublicado: 17 Mar 2018 21:44 

Pues esa reseña es de 2009 y yo ni me había enterado...
Creo que tú deberías hacerte cargo de este hilo, eres mejor investigador que yo. :te cuento:

NotaPublicado: 02 Abr 2018 05:59 

Me alegra mucho ver que has mantenido activo el hilo de Albinoni, ya habrá tiempo para ponerse al día :idea:

NotaPublicado: 25 Abr 2018 00:36 

Buenas:
¿Alguien sabe decirme algo del Op. 8 de Albinoni?
¿Existe?
¿Se lo saltó por alguna superstición?
¿Hay grabaciones¿
¿Cuáles?
¿Dónde?

Gracias

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 435 mensajes ]  Ir a página Anterior  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Siguiente

Todos los horarios son UTC + 1 hora [ DST ]